calvarious

CALVARIUS (Latin): 1. a hard-headed skull, covering a searching mind, 2. an obscure hill outside the gates, 3. a holy place where suffering is transformed to generate hope and wholeness. Calvary UMC is the first reconciling church of the carolinas, full of various saints and sinners. Here are the tender-hearted and hard-headed, stubbornly seeking grace, growth, and goodness -- just outside the gates of Bible-belt religion, graced and grateful, helping God to mend the world.

Name:
Location: Durham, North Carolina

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I promise to wake up with God on my mind

The journey became almost unbearable recently for one of our sisters.
But beyond the darkest night came a fresh resolve to seek God,
regardless of her emotional state.

Celebrate this turn toward hope in Kathy Winn's psalm of passionate resolve.



I PROMISE TO WAKE UP WITH GOD ON MY MIND

I promise to wake up with God on my mind
Looking for all of the good things to find.
My Friends and my loved ones are there by my side
And in their great love I will always abide.

I promise to focus on positive thoughts,
Staying away from the should’s, can’ts and ought’s.
I will turn to my good parts and find inner peace,
All of the negatives quickly release.

I will enjoy the season that’s here.
God has not given the spirit of fear.
I will go boldly to Gods loving throne
And there I’ll find comfort, I’m never alone.

I’m a new creature, made new every day.
All through the day I’ll remember to pray
If God be for me, as the Bible states,
I will rejoice as my fear abates.

I will sing of God's mercies and speak of God's love.
I will turn my face upward always looking above.
The God of my mothers, the God of my heart
Will ever be with me, no never depart.


Kathy Winn
October 21, 22, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home